We Listen to Find the Root Cause of Our Patients' Symptoms
Call today to schedule your telemedicine visit (713) 572-7540
Phone or Video Consultations Available
A Focus on the Root Cause, Not Just Symptoms
Dr. Winstrom believes in not just treating symptoms with drugs, but finding the root cause of chronic conditions and actively working on positive health.
Our Specialties Include:
- Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy - Thyroid Conditions - AutoImmune Disease - Chronic Fatigue
- Gastrointestinal Disorders - Blood Sugar Regulation - Food Allergies & Sensitivities - And More. . .
Experienced in Traditional & Functional Medicine
Dr. Winstrom has observed where the acute care approach works well for certain patients and has also witnessed first hand, the pharmaceutical-focused medical system, failing patients. She is committed to ongoing learning, continuing new research, and implementing ground breaking diagnostic testing that she sees make a difference with her patients. She has dedicated herself to the intense studies of the advancing disciplines of natural, alternative, integrative, and Functional Medicine. Dr. Winstrom believes that Functional Medicine fundamentally makes sense for the future of preventative care.
A Balanced Approach - Naturopath & Scientist
Our approach is to bring balanced care to our bodies. Using both natural remedies, cutting edge testing and scientific breakthroughs to treat and mend, from the inside, at the root cause. The body has a remarkable ability to heal itself, which takes time, consistency, balance and care. Once the body is back in balance, often times with help of supplements and diet and lifestyle changes, it can take over the maintenance on its own, without having to be on medication.
We do not accept insurance directly and like most alternative medicine providers, Dr. Winstrom is considered out-of-network for all health insurance plans. Patients receive the necessary documents to submit a claim directly to their insurance company for reimbursement according to their plans policy.
We strive to keep our prices within reach of patients paying both inside and outside of a constantly cost-increasing health insurance system. Our rates are competitive with other Functional Medicine doctors and M.D.s, we often run specials and discounts to both new and established patients and offer convenient payment plans if needed.
We charge $400 per hour for consultations with the doctor. The final charge will include the number of minutes you spend with her plus any post appointment follow-up items from your visit (5-10 minutes on average), such as ordering prescriptions, writing up your patient plan, or medical charting. We may also add an additional charge for in-office visits ($35).
Course of Treatment
Our course of treatment involves a process of: investigation > diagnosis > treatment/bootcamp > maintenance > stabilization.
With commitment and determination, many patients dealing with chronic illness can reach stabilization within 6-18 months. During the initial phases, we generally consult with new patients every 6 weeks to 3 months. Once patients stabilize, we may only need to touch base once or twice a year. The stages outlined below show what a typical patient can expect during treatment in regards to the number of visits and amount of lab work needed. This is just an example as every patient is unique and may have a slightly different timeline.
If you are looking for natural, integrative, holistic medicine from a certified M.D. who truly listens to your body, you've found us!
Are we a good fit for you?
In some cases, we are not the best fit for a patient's needs.
- If you are in urgent need of medical care or are facing life threatening conditions, please seek treatment through an emergency room or urgent care clinic.
- If you carry insurance that requires prior authorizations on common prescriptions.
- If you are looking for a primary care provider or need a referral to specialists, we will not be able to meet the administrative needs of your plan.
- If you are using controlled substance medications and not aggressively working to reduce your dependence on them, we are not a good fit as we rarely prescribe controlled substances.
- If you need to use insurance or if your insurance does not reimburse our office visits, please call your healthcare provider and ask for a primary care physician recommendation.