Tier 1 Lab Work
Tier 1 Lab Work
$365 through our discount program
Compared to Quest Labs List Price: $2160
What is the Tier 1 Blood Work Panel?
Our Tier 1 panel of diagnostic tests, put together by Dr. Winstrom, is a laboratory survey of important indicators across multiple systems of the body. Some of these tests may be familiar from tests you take at an annual visit with your traditional primary care physician. However, the Tier 1 panel goes beyond those tests and gives Dr. Winstrom deeper insight into what may really be going on with your body.
Why Do I Need It?
These indicators are the essential, initial clues, that Functional Medicine uses to look for the root cause of chronic conditions. We recommend it for all patients and require it for patients who are seeking Functional Medicine treatment or who have an acute health issue to investigate with Dr. Winstrom.
How Much Does It Cost?
$365 through our CAP Discount Program
This is an 82% discount - Quest Diagnostics historically bills an average of $2160 for these tests.
Lab fees MUST BE PRE-PAID to our office before tests will be ordered. We can provide you with an insurance-ready "superbill" that you can submit to your insurance company to get reimbursed for any tests they cover.
Does Insurance Pay for It?
Many insurance plans cover and will reimburse patients for some or all of the tests included in the Tier 1 panel. The good news is, ordering lab work through our CAP Discount Program, you are paying up to 82% less than the price the labs charge insurance companies. Using our negotiated rates "puts a cap" on the amount you pay for lab work. You are still eligible to get reimbursed for some or all of the Tier 1 costs by submitting our provided "superbill" to your insurance company. The Tier 1 panel may even end up costing you $0 after insurance reimbursement. Some of the advanced specialty testing, beyond blood work, needed for Functional Medicine is often not covered.
If you would like to research in advance what your insurance reimbursement would be with your specific provider, you can contact them and reference the CPT codes listed with each individual included test.
Dr. Winstrom Asked Me to Get a Tier 1, What Do I Do?
1. Use the webform below to request a Lab Order (or call the office during business hours)
2. We will email you an invoice via QuickBooks (you can use your receipt to submit to insurance)
3. Pay for the test conveniently online through the email you receive or call the office to pay over the phone
4. After receiving payment we will order and create your lab requisition, notifying you when it is ready
5. Visit QuestDiagnostics.com and schedule an appointment at any location convenient to you
6. Get your blood drawn
7. Schedule a follow-up phone consultation with Dr. Winstrom for about 2 weeks from your blood draw date
8. We will notify you when your results are returned and uploaded to your patient portal for your review
9. Review your results with Dr. Winstrom at your scheduled follow-up appointment
What Tests are Included?
CBC wDiff & Platelets (CPT 85025) $6
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, CMP-14 (CPT 80053) $7
Lipid PanelTotal Cholesterol, HDL Cholesterol (CPT80061) $11
Ferritin (CPT82728) $10
Gamma Glutamyl Transferase, GGT (CPT82977) $5
Homocysteine (CPT83090) $33 hs-CRP (CPT86141) $19
Insulin (CPT83525) $12
Iron, Total & Total Iron Binding Capacity (CPT83540 & 83550) $8 T3, Reverse, LC/MS/MS (CPT84482) $39
Lactate Dehydrogenase, LD (CPT83615) $4
Magnesium, RBC(CPT83735) $25
Thyroid Peroxidase & Thyroglobulin Antibodies(CPT86376 & 8600) $45
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy, Total (CPT82306)$45
A Quest lab blood draw fee is also included in our CAP Discount Program's bundled lab fee.